The Academic Support Program for Student-Athletes is available to all Mt. SAC Student-Athletes. The Program consists of the Academic Counseling Staff and WIN Program.
The WIN Program is a Student-Athlete Tutorial Program that offers a variety of academic services. The program is specifically designed to assist student-athletes in maintaining academic eligibility and to prepare for transfer to a four-year university.
WIN is offered through the Adult Basic Education Department in partnership with the Kinesiology and Counseling Departments.
Student-athletes can obtain the assistance of skilled tutors, counseling, and a place to complete homework assignments near athletic fields. The WIN Program services approximately 900 students per year. Students who attend WIN have consistently shown high rates of retention and an overall GPA of 2.5 or greater.
In addition to tutoring and study hall, the following services are offered in the WIN Program:
- Computers equipped with Microsoft Office, Internet access, Plato (Math and English enrichment software program) and Mavis Beacon (typing program)
- Small group study sessions
- Assistance with resume creation, email, and computer skills
- Assistance with registration
- Onsite counseling services
|Shane Poulter||Academic Counselor for Student-Athletesfirstname.lastname@example.org||Bldg. 45-1441|
|Jessica Valdez||Academic Counselor for Student-Athletesemail@example.com||Bldg. 45-1441|
Appointments with Academic Counselors for Student-Athletes may be scheduled through Student-Athlete Canvas Hub or the ESARS links below:
- PHONE APPOINTMENTS: https://esars2012.mtsac.edu/appointments/athletics
- ZOOM APPOINTMENTS: https://esars2012.mtsac.edu/appointments/athletics-zoom
|Erica Ledezma||WIN Program Supervisor||909-274-4239 #firstname.lastname@example.org||Bldg. 45-1430|