(Walnut, CA) Alexis Aguirre and Valerie Chen won three individual events each to lead the Mt. SAC Women's Swimming Team to one-sided victories over Cerritos and Rio Hondo colleges and remain undefeated in the South Coast Conference Friday (Mar. 6).
The Mountie women defeated Cerritos, 182-79 and Rio Hondo 208-33 in the double-dual, which was held at the Marie T. Mills Aquatics Center at Mt. SAC.
Aguirre, a sophomore, won the grueling 1000 (12:50.63) and 500 (6:05.53) Freestyle races and the 200 Butterfly (2:47.96) and was part of the winning 400 Free Relay.
Chen, who is a freshman, swept the 100 (1:11.91) and 200 (2:37.92) Breaststroke events and was a member of the 200 Medley Relay team.
Other first-place finishers were: Ruth Carmona, 200 Back (2:49.64) and Lauren Chung, 200 IM (2:37.71).
Other Mt. SAC top placers:
200 Medley Relay
- 2nd Place: Sarita Quesada (13:16.40)
- 2nd Place: Julia Bensing-Ruiz (2:16.42)
- 2nd Place: Chung (1:12.75)
- 3rd Place: Carmona (1:18.01)
- 2nd Place: Lopez (1:18.73)
- 3rd Place: Tachasooksaree (1:19.67)
- 3rd Place: Brianna Ramirez (3:24.36)
- 2nd Place: Tachasooksaree (27.31)
- 3rd Place: Carmona (29.95)
- 2nd Place: Bensing-Ruiz (1:04.45)
- 3rd Place: Sarita Quesada (1:10.41)
- 3rd Place: Amanda Maldonado (3:20.73)
- 2nd Place: Lopez (2:48.17)
- 3rd Place: Tachasooksaree (2:56.74)
- 2nd Place: Bensing-Ruiz (6:09.03)
- 3rd Place: Quesada (6:27.38)
- 2nd Place: Chung (1:10.62)
- 3rd Place: Maldonado (1:31.44)
- 2nd Place: Gamboa (2:38.81)
- 3rd Place: Lopez (2:48.24)
- 1st Place: Aguirre, Chung, Bensing-Ruiz, Gamboa (4:17.68)
- 2nd Place: Carmona, Brianna Contreras, Maldonado, Quesada (4:40.71)
The women's team will take a week off and travel to Chaffey College Friday (Mar. 20) for the next SCC meet.
Follow Mt. SAC Women's Swimming and Diving on twitter @MTSAC_W_Aquatic
For additional information, please contact the Mt. SAC Sports Information Office at 909.274.4630.