(Walnut, CA) The Mt. SAC Women's Swim Team defeated both Pasadena City and El Camino colleges in the initial South Coast Conference dual meet of the 2020 season Friday (Feb.28) at the Marie T. Mills Aquatics Center.
Leading the way individually was freshman Valerie Chen with three first-place finishes in the 100 Freestyle (58.22), 100 Butterfly (1:01.82) and the 200 Individual Medley (2:28.66).
Sophomore Alexis Aguirre took first in the two long distance races - 500 Free (6:01.46), 1000 Free (12:32.09) and a second in the 100 Free (1:02.46).
Freshman Mirielle Lira took first in the 100 Backstroke (1:09.49) and second place in the 50 Free (27.06) and the 200 Back (2:37.43).
Sophomore Kiani Lopez won the 100 Breaststroke with a time of 1:18.15 and 200 Breast (2:48.93) and a second in the 200 IM (2:44.08).
Mt. SAC will host Cerritos and Rio Hondo Friday (Mar. 6) in SCC action beginning at 10:00 am.
Other Mt. SAC placers:
- 1000 Free - 2nd, Julia Bensing-Ruiz (12:47.67); 3rd, - Sarita Quesada (13:18.81)
- 200 Free - 2nd, Colleen Gamboa (2:13.32); 3rd, Evelyn Gonzales (2:39.07)
- 100 Back - 2nd, Lauren Chung (1:12.36)
- 100 Breaststroke - 3rd, Quesada (1:31.01)
- 50 Free - 3rd, Gamboa (27.47)
- 200 Back - 3rd, Bensing-Ruiz (2:39.79)
- 500 Free - 2nd, Gamboa (6:05.71); 3rd, Quesada (6:26.04)
- 400 Relay - 1st, Lira, Chung, Bensing-Ruiz, Aguirre (4:13.11); 2nd Place - Quesada, Brianna Contreras, Amanda Maldonado, Brianna Ramirez (4:54.41)
Follow Mt. SAC Women's Swimming and Diving on twitter @MTSAC_W_Aquatic
For additional information, please contact the Mt. SAC Sports Information Office at 909.274.4630.