(Pasadena, CA) With a season-best performance, Erin DeAnda swam the fifth-best time in the state in the 100 Backstroke to highlight the Mt. SAC Women's Swimming & Diving Team at the 19th Annual Pasadena City College Invite April 5, 6.
The sophomore shaved 03.02 seconds off of her previous best to move up to the No. 5 spot among the top performers this season to date.
Meanwhile, the Mounties placed seventh out of 17 teams entered in the Invite from throughout the state. Orange Coast College, for the second year in a row, captured first.
Another top finish by DeAnda was a fifth in the 100 Freestyle with a time of 55.63.
Freshman Colleen Gamboa placed seventh in the 500 Free (5:45.87) and tenth in the 50 Free with a 26.48.
The top two relay finishes by the Mounties was a fourth in the 800 Free (8:52.05), with swimmers Kaitlin Howard, Gamboa, Miranda Silva and DeAnda along with an eighth place finish in the 200 Medley Relay (DeAnda, Howard, Kiani Lopez, Amber Bustamante) with a time of 2:03.28.
Placing fourth in the 1-Meter and 3-Meter Diving event was freshman Journey Barreto with 124.75 points.
Before the state finals in early May are the SCC/Regional Diving Championships at El Camino College (4/12, 13), followed by the SCC Championships hosted by Mt. SAC (4/18-20).
Other top Mt. SAC placers:
- 200 IM – DeAnda, 12th (2:21.32)
- 400 Medley Relay – Howard, DeAnda, Lopez, Gamboa, 8th (4:31.78)
- 200 Free – Gamboa, 13th (2:11.15)
- 100 Butterfly – DeAnda, 16th (1:06.10)
- 200 Back – Howard, 13th (2:31.28)
- 100 Breaststroke – Lopez, 12th (1:14.78)
- 1650 Free – Maddy Kim, 18th (24:21.67)
- 200 Breast – Lopez, 13th (2:43.21)
- 400 Free Relay – Gamboa, Silva, Howard, DeAnda, 7th (3:56.67)
Follow Mt. SAC Women's Swimming and Diving on twitter @MTSAC_W_Aquatic
For additional information, please contact the Mt. SAC Sports Information Office at 909.274.4630.