(Sacramento, CA) Ten student-athletes from the 2019 Mt. SAC Track and Field Program earned Academic All-State honors. Selected and awarded by the California Community College Cross Country and Track Coaches Association (5CTCA), this honor is given to those student-athletes who have excelled in the classroom and on the track/field. Honorees must possess a 3.5 minimum G.P.A. and have completed 24 units since the 2019 season. This year, a total of 77 student-athletes from 13 programs across the state were honored.
"We would like to congratulate our hard working and deserving student-athletes," replied Mountie Head Track and Field Coaches, Ron Kamaka and Giovanni Lanaro. "We would also like to thank the college staff and administration for their support; and for their commitment to finding ways to continually improve our effectiveness with our student-athletes."
Congratulations to the following Mounties who were named to the 2019 5CTCA Academic All-State Track & Field Team:
- Mayara de Souza (El Monte H.S.) – Pole Vault
- Sadie Encinas (Warren H.S.) - Distance
- Lizzette Manese (Walnut H.S.) - Hurdles
- Evelyn Peralta (Lakewood H.S.) - Distance
- David Gasper (Don Lugo H.S.) - Distance
- Galvin Gordon (Palos Verdes H.S.) - Hurdles
- Gregory Hennes (Covina H.S.) - Sprints
- Calvin Oury (Mira Costa H.S.) – Pole Vault
- Kevin Reed (Upland H.S.) - Distance
- Jarrod Sanchez (Ontario H.S.) – Horizontal Jumps
Follow Mt. SAC Track and Feld on twitter @MtSAC_Track
For additional information, please contact the Mt. SAC Sports Information Office at 909.274.4630.