(Redlands, CA) With the largest number of competitors in the history of the annual Redlands University Track and Field Invitational, the Mt. SAC Men's team came away with three individual first-place finishes on Friday afternoon at Ashel Cunningham Track.
Leading the pack for the Mounties was CCCAA 2017 State Cross Country Champion Manuel Fernandez with a time of 8:51.75 in the 3000 Meter Run. The sophomore, who was also the Southern California and South Coast Conference Champion, finished 49 seconds ahead of the second-place runner.
Two champions in the field events were Asa Martin, Pole vault (4.70 Meters) and Hector Sanchez, Javelin Throw (52.64 M).
Finishing in the top four in the field events were the following: Juian Ortega, 2nd – Hammer Throw (54.71 M); Aaron Guerra, 3rd – Hammer (49.63); David Potts, 3rd – Shot Put (14.36 M), Shonnardo Bodie, 4th (14.11 M); Phillip Brown, 4th – Long Jump (6.77 M); Justin Spivey, 4th - Javelin Throw (46.01).
Mt. SAC, which won the 2017 CCCAA State Cross Country Team Championship, showed strength in numbers in the distance runs with 20 entrants in the 800 and 17 runners in the 1500-Meter run.
Other Mt. SAC Finishers:
- 100M – 6th – Deondre Spruill (10.75)
- 200M – 4th – Kendall Turner, Jr. (21.96)
- 400M – 4th – Dylan Atencio (49.27)
- 800M – 13th – Chris Weiland (2:00.66)
- 1500M – 4th – Chris Weiland (4:00.13), 6th – Anthony Alfaro (4:03.97), 8th – Luis Huerta (4:06.49)
- 3000M – 4th – Jesse Gonzalez (9:25.29)
- 5000M – 7th – Waqas Amin (16:18.40)
- 110M Hurdles – 6th – Justin Minor (15.74), 7th – Adam Grizzle (15.82)
- 400M Hurdles – 6th – Trevor Houck (57.93), 8th – Gianni Lyons-Wilson (58.72)
- High Jump – 8th – Timothy Sloan (1.80M)
- Pole Vault – 7th – Aaron Travis (4.40M), tied for 10th – Jarod Kerr, Max Mcguire (4.25M)
- Long Jump – 8th – Reynaldo Beech (6.63M)
- Hammer Throw – 8th – James Valenzuela (42.10 M)
Follow Mt. SAC Track and Feld on twitter @MtSAC_T&F
For additional information, please contact the Mt. SAC Sports Information Office at 909.274.4630.