Andrade will represent Cape Verde (Cabo Verde), for the second time, in the men’s 400 meter hurdles. He has a lifetime best of 49.24 and a season best of 51.17, which he ran in May at the Golden Games, held at Mt. SAC. As a Mountie (2011, 2012), Andrade captured the 2011 USA Junior National Championship (51.61) and placed second at the 2011 Pan American Games (52.09). In 2012, he captured the 2012 California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) State Championship in the event and as a member of the 4 X 400M Relay Team.
He continued his career at Boise State University (Boise, ID) where he captured a silver medal at the 2015 NCAA Division 1 National Outdoor Championships and currently holds the university record at 49.24.
Aradillas, a former second baseman with the Mountie Softball Program is a member on the Mexican National Softball Team. Aradillas competed for the Mounties during the 2013 and 2014 softball seasons and was part of the Mounties 2013 South Coast Conference Championship Team. She continued her softball career at San Diego State (2015-2016) where she played for two seasons.
Gillespie will represent the United States as a member of the men's 4 X 100M relay pool, after placing 6th at the 2021 U.S. Olympic Trials in the 100M (10.00). He has a 100M lifetime best of 9.93 (+0.8) and a season best of 9.96 (+1.9) which, like Andrade, was run in May at the Golden Games at Mt. SAC. In that competition he defeated a stellar field of elite sprinters, as well as NFL Star DK Metcalf.
At Mt. SAC (2015, 2016), Gillespie captured CCCAA State Championships in the 100M, 200M and as a member of the 4 X 100M relay team in 2016. He continued his education at the University of Oregon where he placed second in both the 100M and 200M at the 2019 NCAA Division 1 National Outdoor Championships. He also holds Oregon’s 100M (9.93) and 200M (19.93) school records that were previously held by former Mountie Kyrie King, one of the top sprinters in the world.
In 2019, Gillespie placed 4th in the 100M, at the U.S. Championships and was a member of the U.S. World Championship Gold Medal 4 X 100M Relay Team.
Along with the two track and field student-athletes, Mt. SAC will also be represented on the “track,” by Megan Jastrab. Jastrab is a former Mt. SAC Student and niece of Mt. SAC Head Football Coach Bob Jastrab. She will represent the United States in track cycling and is scheduled to compete in the Madison (debut women’s event at the Olympics) and is also on the list of possible competitors for the team pursuit and omnium.
Jastrab is one of the most decorated junior cyclists of all time and is the youngest US Cyclist to ever compete on the track at the Olympic Games. A phenom on the track and on the road, the 19-year old has an incredible 31 U.S. Junior and 3 UCI World Junior Championship titles to her credit.
2021 TOKYO OLYMPIC TIME SCHEDULE
- ALL START DATES & TIMES LISTED BELOW ARE (PDT:) PACIFIC DAYLIGHT TIME | (JST:) JAPAN STANDARD TIME
- All events will be broadcast on local NBC properties, USA Network, CNBC and online at NBC Peacock, NBC Sports App and NBCOlympics.com. Please check online for exact broadcast times and locations.
Opening Rounds - Mexico Team
- Versus Canada (Match #3) PDT: Tuesday, July 20 @ 1:00 am | JST: Wednesday, July 21 @ 3:00 pm
- Versus Japan (Match #5) PDT: Wednesday, July 21 @ 8:00 pm | JST: Thursday, July 22 @ 12:00 pm
- Versus Canada (Match #3) PDT: Friday, July 23 @ 10:30 pm | JST: Saturday, July 24 @ 2:30 pm
- Versus Canada (Match #3) PDT: Saturday, July 24 @ 4:00 am | JST: Sunday, July 25 @ 8:00 pm
- Versus Canada (Match #3) PDT: Sunday, July 25 @ 4:00 am | JST: Monday, July 26 @ 8:00 pm
TRACK & FIELD
Men’s 400M Hurdles - Andrade
- Round 1 (Session 2) PDT: Thursday, July 29 @ 6:55 pm | JST: Friday, July 30 @ 10:55 am
- Semi-Finals (Session 7) PDT: Sunday, August 1 @ 2:05 am | JST: Sunday, August 1 @ 9:05 pm
- Finals (Session 10) PDT: Tuesday, August 3 @ 2:05 pm | JST: Tuesday, August 3 @ 9:05 pm
Mens’ 4 X 100M Relay - Gillespie
- Round 1 (Session 14) PDT: Wednesday, August 4 @ 7:30 pm | JST: Thursday, August 5 @ 11:30 am
- Finals (Session 17) PDT: Friday, August 6 @ 6:50 am | JST: Friday, August 6 @ 10:50 pm
CYCLING - TRACK
Women's Madison - Jastrab
- Finals (Session 5) PDT: Friday, August 6 @ 1:15 pm | JST: Friday, August 6 @ 5:15 pm
Women’s Team Pursuit - Jastrab
- Qualifying (Session 1) PDT: Sunday, August 1 @ 11:30 pm | JST: Monday, August 2 @ 3:30 pm
- First Round (Session 2) PDT: Monday, August 2 @ 11:30 pm | JST: Tuesday, August 3 @ 3:30 pm
- Finals (Session 2) PDT: Tuesday, August 3 @ 1:05 am | JST: Tuesday, August 3 @ 5:05 pm
Women’s Omnium - Jastrab
- Scratch Race (Session 7) PDT: Monday, August 8 @ 6:00 pm | JST: Sunday, August 9 @ 10:00 am
- Tempo Race (Session 7) PDT: Monday, August 8 @ 6:45 pm | JST: Sunday, August 9 @ 10:45 am
- Elimination Race (Session 7) PDT: Monday, August 8 @ 7:26 pm | JST: Sunday, August 9 @ 11:26 am
- Points Race (Session 7) PDT: Monday, August 8 @ 8:25 pm | JST: Sunday, August 9 @ 12:25 pm
For additional information, please contact the Mt. SAC Sports Information Office at 909.274.4630.