Intro To Competitive Swimming
Intro to Competitive Swimming provides swim instruction for advanced swimmers preparing for competitive swimming. Students enrolling in this class should be able to swim all four competitive swimming strokes (Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke and Freestyle) a minimum distance of 25 yards each. Student must be comfortable in deep water and a Red Cross Level 5 Swimmer. This course falls under the Critical Thinking, Personal, Social, Civic and Environmental Responsibility Intitutional Level Outcome (ILO).
Dates and Times
- Session 1 = June 10 through June 20
- Session 2 = June 24 through July 4
- Session 3 = July 8 through July 18
- Session 4 = July 22 through August 1
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (except Session 2 where Wednesday, July 4th is a holiday).
Fifty minute sections (timeslots) run from 6:00 pm through 6:50 pm
- $90 per Session
- $75 for Session 2 (No lessons on July 4th)
Class Is Designed For:
- Children and teens preparing for competitive swimming
Student Learning Objectives
- Student will be able to swim, using the Freestyle Stroke, continuously for a minimum of 200 yards
- Student will be able to correctly execute the Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly and Freestyle Strokes.
General Terms and Conditions
- No makeup lessons allowed
- No refunds
- No guarantee of a specific instructor
- Payment must be made at the time of on-line registration
- In person registration available at the pool beginning on June 11th, during pool regular operating hours (MON, TUE, WED, THU | 2:30 pm to 7:00 pm)
- Parking permits are required at "all times." Parking Information/Campus Map - CLICK HERE