UPDATED = October 19th, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
PLEASE REFRESH/RELOAD THIS PAGE TO VIEW THE LATEST UPDATES/CHANGES.
Listed below is the current status of Mt. SAC athletics teams, classes, events and facilities.
MT. SAC ATHLETICS
Mt. SAC Student-Athletes are required to be vaccinated (CoVID-19) in order to register for Winter/Spring classes and to be eligible to compete during the Winter/Spring sport seasons. Deadline to initiate the vaccination process is prior to Winter Registration, on November 4th, 2021. Student-Athletes must present their vaccination card (or exemption approval) to their respective Athletic Trainer in order to register. Vaccinations appointments are available, on the Mt. SAC Campus (https://www.mtsac.edu/health/alerts.html), on Wednesdays, from 11 am to 7 pm or at other locations through Myturn.ca.gov.
A religious or medical exemption is available for student-athletes that qualify. Applications for this exemption are available by calling Human Resources (https://www.mtsac.edu/hr/) at 909-274-4225
More information regarding Mt. SAC's CoVID-19 policies and procedures can be found at https://www.mtsac.edu/health/index.html
- Fall 2021 Sports have returned to campus and are in season.
- Fall/Winter Sports = Cross Country (M&W), Basketball (M&W), Football (M), Golf (W), Soccer (M&W), Volleyball (W), Water Polo (M&W), Wrestling (M)
- Unvaccinated student-athletes must undergo weekly CoVID testing
MT. SAC ATHLETIC TRAINING
Mt. SAC Athletic Training Rooms have reopened for Fall 21 Student-Athletes. Athletic Trainers are available for in person and online consultation. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
WIN Program is now available both in person and online! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Mt. SAC Athetics "Opts In" to Participate in Spring (2) Sport Season
- Mt. SAC Athletic Teams Return Back to Campus
- SCC Cancellation of Traditional Fall Sports for 2020-2021
- Dean/A.D. Message (video) to Mt. SAC Student-Athletes Regarding Fall/Winter 2020-21 Sports Cancellation
- SCC Commissioner's Message to Fall Student-Athletes
- CCCAA Statement on Implementation of Contingency Plan for 2020-2021 Fall and Winter Sports
- CCCAA Contingency Plan (start/end dates, number of contests)
- CCCAA Statement on Cancellation of Spring Sports for California Community Colleges
MT. SAC ATHLETICS SPECIAL EVENTS
The following scheduled events have been CANCELLED
- 2021 COLLEGIATE DIVISION (only) of the Mt. SAC Relays scheduled for April 15-17, 2021
- Mt. SAC Cross Country Invitational scheduled for February 19 and 20, 2021 (October 2021 is still scheduled)
- Mt. SAC Relays/LA84 Foundation Youth Days scheduled for March 26 and 27, 2021
- International Pole Vault Camp scheduled for December 27-29, 2020
- Footlocker West Regional Cross Country Championships scheduled for December 5, 2020
- 2020 Pete and Carolyn Reynolds Foundation Golf Classic scheduled for August 31, 2020
- 62nd Annual Mt. SAC Relays Division scheduled for April 16-18, 2020
- 62nd Annual Mt. SAC Relays Hall of Fame Banquet scheduled for April 15th, 2020
- Hilmer Lodge Stadium Opening scheduled for April 4th, 2020
- Mt. SAC Relays - Cancellation of COLLEGIATE DIVISION (February 2021)
- Mt. SAC Cross Country - Cancellation of (FEB 2021) Mt. SAC Cross Country Invitational
- Mt. SAC Relays Release - Cancellation of 2020 Mt. SAC Relays
MT. SAC CAMPUS / GUESTS / VISITING TEAMS
CLOSED to all non-essential personnel and visitors unless prior approval of visit and completion of CoVID Visitor Form.
- NO SPECTATORS (including family) ALLOWED AT ANY PRACTICES
- Spectators are currently allowed at home games
- Indoor contests - Masks and social distancing required for all spectators
- Outdoor contests - Masks and social distancing may be required for all spectators
- Most facilities (classrooms, fields, offices, etc.) are opened to students, faculty and staff, but not to visitors.
- Subject to change based on local, state and national mandates.
MT. SAC CLASSES
- Fall 2021 classes have returned to campus (unless an online class).
COVID-19 INFORMATIONAL VIDEO(S)
Click on the link above to view the informative video on "The Future of Coaches in the Face of a Pandemic." Mt. SAC Men's Basketball Interim Head Coach Michael Fenison shares his knowledge and advice on the current COVID-19 situation with respected ESPN Basketball Analyst Helen Williams. Fenison, a licensed respiratory therapist is on the front lines of the current pandemic, working full-time at Centinela Hospital in Inglewood (CA).
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT THE MT. SAC CORONAVIRUS RESOURCE PAGE AT THE LINK BELOW: